
I just got back from visiting the East Coast. To my dismay, I left my camera at home, however, thanks to Audrey, I have some pictures. Lindsy, may your camera rest in peace :-( I toured Boston with Lindsy and touched, YES, TOUCHED, the actual gravestones of John Hancock and Paul Revere. I googled a picture of the gravestones for everyone's enjoyment. This was definitely the highlight of my trip to Boston other than seeing Lindsy's Beeeeee-U-tiful face :-)
Lindsy, bless her heart, drove the long haul to drop me off at my sister's place. Audrey and I hit NYC. Day 1...not so good. The weather was, to say the least, undesirable. It was windy and rainy, and I had a Mary Poppins "moment" with my "$5-sidewalk-sale-umbrella". For those of you who are unaware of how this feat is achieved, here's a sample:
Audge and I still got to see some pretty cool places though. We went to The Manhattan Temple, Central Park, Times Square, and last but not least, the Statue of Liberty! There are some fun pictures below, and I'm pretty sure you can put two and two together to figure out where I am in each one :-)
Oh...and I think that Audrey might mention this if I don't....
Sooooo.....we were standing in the subway station [which reminded me of Gotham and is freakier than Hades]. As you are probably aware, there are signs hanging from the ceilings indicating what the current stop/city is and where to go for other stops/cities. As a, comparatively speaking, "small town girl", I wasn't aware that Harlem, The Bronx, and other such places actually existed. I honestly believed they were just "neighborhoods" or sections of town and not actual sub-cities on the Manhattan island. Well, Audrey and I were standing in the subway station waiting for our ride, when I looked up and beheld the sign "To Uptown & The Bronx". I turned to Audge and said "The Bronx really exists!?!" She quickly told me to shut my trap as there were three large black guys standing behind me. Those of you who know me know that I am the farthest thing from prejudice, but there comes a point in time where if someone decides to dress like a thug--regardless of race, religion, or creed--they're a thug. I call it like I see it, and let me tell you, there are a LOT of shady characters running around under the skyline of New York City. Oh, and uh, sorry to burst your bubble, but there ain't nothin' New about that city!
Over and Out---
Ashley
Yes, off in the distance between the left light pole and the tree is the Statue of Liberty. That's me on the right holding my umbrella :-)




3 comments:
Yay for the East Coast! I had so much fun, and YOU are a gem....
Yay, fun! I think we can all agree now that the East Coast is the Best Coast.
I am glad you had fun! Good times back east... can't wait to go!
Post a Comment