So...when I get emotional, I either eat...or, on my more controlled days, I bake. So...here are my efforts from 3 hours of this morning. My grandmother brought over fresh peaches the other day. She was really eager for us to taste them and I see why! One bite and the syrup was all down my mouth and arm. Deliciously Ripe! So, There were too many and I needed to do
something with all of them! I found this recipe online through foodgawker[dot]com. Its for a Peach and Pecan Tart (http://mikes-table.themulligans.org/2009/09/20/peach-and-pecan-tart/). It was actually really enjoyable. I learned how to peel peaches!!!
Cut an "x" in the side of a peach, then boil for 30 seconds.

Place immediately in ice water and the fuzzy skin will come off with a little rubbing.

Aren't my little naked peaches soooo cute :-)








So, I only ate 1/16th of the tart, but it was tasty. Peach pie is not my favorite pie. But, it was a fun adventure. The tart turned out beautiful, but I probably wouldn't make it again...or advise you to make it unless you love peach pie. Then, this is the perfect variation on an old classic recipe.
1 comment:
actually looks deelish! Good job-- IF, and that is a big IF I get want to bake, I might try that!!!
Post a Comment