Saturday, February 22, 2014

Chicken Bryan

My favorite dish at Carrabba's is their Chicken Bryan and I found a recipe online that tastes exactly like the real thing.  DELICIOUS! I changed the recipe just a hint and downsized it for 1.  The picture of the chicken is 1 breast, cut into 3 "filets."  Sooooooo yummy!

CHICKEN BRYAN

Brush chicken with oil and season.  Cook in skillet over med-high heat until golden brown:
2 chicken filets (1 large chicken breast cut to make two thin breasts)
salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
olive oil

While you are cooking the meat, prepare the sauce:
Sautee over low-med heat:
2 TBS butter
½-1 teaspoon minced garlic (I just used the pre-minced garlic from a jar)
Minced onions, to taste
Add & Simmer until the chicken is ready:
½ tsp lemon juice (I used the little lemon shaped bottle you buy at the store.)
¼ tsp “better than broth” chicken base
1-2 fresh basil leaves

Plate your dish:
Chicken filet
Spoonful of goat cheese on top
Drizzle lemon butter sauce, to taste
Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I didn’t add this because I am allergic L)
Fresh basil leaves, chopped

The lemon butter sauce is perfect on pasta too!  YUM!
 


Recipe from Food.com: http://www.food.com/recipe/original-carrabbas-chicken-bryan-not-copycat-361631

No comments: