Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Scripture Study
I think the best way to study the gospel though is to have sincere questions. I love how Moroni counsels us to "ponder it in your heart". I always thought of pondering as an act of the brain. It changed my perspective to think about how out body and mind function together as do our spirits and our hearts. Becoming converted is a matter of taking what we learn in the gospel (in our mind) and letting it literally SINK into our hearts through pondering. It is when we have trials that questions arise. That is an opportunity for us to turn to our Heavenly Father and ponder the principles of the gospel on another level. Oh the gospel is soooooooo full of levels, but the Lord has to prepare us for each layer through each stage in our life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry. That deleted comment was from me, but I realized after I posted it that I was under a Google account that I made up so I could write an angry letter and be anonymous. Ha. So anyway, the comment was just "What wonderful insights," and was probably not worth re-posting. Oh well. There you go.
Post a Comment