Thursday, July 16, 2009

Movin' to Te-has

It has been way too long since I've last posted. Here's a fast note-by-note update. I came out to visit my sister for her b-day in Texas---ended up extending my stay/postponed my flight---am looking for a job on the USAF base---way excited!

This is the biggest step I've taken since I came home in January and I'm so excited to be moving forward.

One of Zack's buddies, Adam, lent me this book "Return From Tomorrow" by George G. Ritchie. It was so good I finished it in 1 day. Its a quick read (125 pages or so), but is about the near death experience of the author. During WWII, he
came down with the Influenza, and was pronounced dead in the hospital...not once, but they checked on him twice and
each time confirmed him dead. He was dead for nine minutes. It is his experience during those nine minutes that he writes about. It is probably the most moving story I've heard since the Joseph Smith's first vision. It is absolutely doctri
nally sound and has opened my eyes to how important our purpose is here on this earth as well as how central the Atonement is, or should be, in our every day lives. Incredible!

No comments: