Monday, April 6, 2009

The Fabulous Robert Doisneau

So, inspired by a profile picture of Andrew, I went looking for this picture that I loooove. I just happened to see it somewhere when I was in High School, so I didn't have the name or the photographer. Well, its gorgeous. Its called "Musician in the Rain" by Robert Doisneau. I love this picture because it is such a cute image. Ok..maybe "cute" isn't the right word, buuuuut... well, you tell me one word you would use to describe it :-) Anyways, I didn't realize it until I began searching for this picture that the photographer (he's French...oooh la la) is the same man who took the legendary "Kiss by the Hotel de Ville" of a young man kissing his gal after returning from war. You should look him up. He fantastic :-)

I think Mr. Doisneau was actually trying to capture the kiss in the pic below;-)
Some of my up and coming favorites are below for your pleasure :-)

2 comments:

Corinne said...

FANTASTIC images. They just speak to something more than average life, as if the things we do are more than just THINGS. I've seen a couple of those before :)

SKYE said...

These are super cute =) Love them! Hope all is well, my friend!