Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Bitter Sweet Day...

Yesterday was quite a day. It was the first day with our new dog, Biscuit (7 week old Maltipoo) and our neighbor's house burnt down. Here are some pictures. The bitter and the sweet.


Say hello to Biscuit!!!






After picking up the boys at school yesterday, they asked me to go by the Stake Center. I asked why and they said, "its on fire." I freaked out, but as we started towards home, I realized the smoke was not near the church, but it was near the hill in our neighborhood. As we got closer, I drove faster realizing that we were following the fire trucks up our own street. When I got home, we saw the house in flames. I was so frustrated by the gawkers. In fact, I wonder if they could have saved some of the home had the gawkers left sooner. As I parked in our driveway, I watched as the fire truck was stuck in the traffic of gawkers. It couldn't get to the fire hydrant that was 50 feet away because cars were parked and abandoned in the middle of the street. Finally, people moved there cars and the fire truck got to the hydrant. It doesn't seem that the house is salvageable.








More pictures to come...

2 comments:

SKYE said...

Looks like a cutie patutie dog! Sad day about the neighbors! Hope all works out for them.

Penny said...

Ashley-
First, a happy note- your puppy is ADORABLE!! So precious!
About the fire-do they know what caused it? That's terrible- especially about people getting in the way!! Yikes. I'm so sorry.