
I've been stressing lately over what I can do to help what seems like a nation on a quick trip to ...well, you get the point. I'm getting informed and I'm looking for people who will do it with me. There is nothing more empowering to me than when I understand the coded language of government. Not only do I want to understand it, I want to understand how policies affect me and my family and form my own opinions. I went to Borders today and dug through the US History section. I came home with the following:
The Declaration of Independence & The Constitution of the United States (I understand that I can get these documents online...I just wanted my own copy to mark up)
Thomas Jefferson's "Light and Liberty"
Common Sense by Thomas Pain
(and GB's Common Sense for comparison and personal interest)
David McCullough's 1776 (for inspiration)
I intend on reading these and writing down my thoughts. CARE TO JOIN?
First up:
The Declaration of Independence
"When in the course of human events..."
No comments:
Post a Comment