Sunday, February 28, 2010

Catch Up....

I made these M&M cookies that are my favorite (they are bakery style...big and delicious). Audrey also came in town this weekend and its her birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY!!! Well, I made her a coconut cake. I don't much care for coconut, but it sure it pretty! Well, come to find out, I'm allergic to coconut. I ate a slice...or two...(we were all very hungry) and 30 minutes later my throat starting swelling up. My ears started itching and my throat just hurt. It hurt until the next morning...but the cake was pretty :-) I named it my "sleeping beauty cake" because I didn't wait for the icing to set and when I put the coconut on it...everything started to slide off the cake! But...it made it to Audrey without any harm :-) The first picture of the cake is the sauce you pour into the cake, not the icing (you poke the cake and pour this coconut sour cream mixture down inside...maybe this is why my throat ballooned! Coconut in the cake, coconut sauce, coconut frosting!)







2 comments:

lindsy said...

Those cookies look sooo good! And I'm happy Audrey and you could have fun with the sliding icing. Haha. Hey- I'm coming out to Utah for a few days in June. Will you be around?

rachel b. said...

Oh my gosh, everything you ever make looks INCREDIBLE!!! And what an awful thing to be allergic to--I LOVE COCONUT! That cake looks awesome! I can't wait to see you in ONE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!