Saturday, April 3, 2010

Conference 30 minute Cinnamon Rolls

These turned out pretty good, but I think I am still a sucker for the store bought cinnamon rolls. Maybe because their cinnamon filling to dough ratio always seems to be perfect. Well, these were pretty tasty. I think the key is delicious frosting and a good filling and as long as the dough is fluffy, that's all that matters, right?! Enjoy!





Makes 24 cinnamon rolls, I think.

1 TBS yeast
2 cups warm water
1 TBS sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 TBS baking powder
5 cups flour

Filling:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
8 tsp. cinnamon

Icing: (from: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/guinness-cupcakes/) **I halved the recipe and it was plenty. (So...here is the halved recipe:)
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter- room temp
1/4 c. shortening (crisco)
1/2 TBS vanilla extract
3/4 pound powdered sugar
2 TBS very cold milk

Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let sit while you mix the other ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients together. (I made the frosting two weeks ago and I hope that this is the same recipe...?!) Then, mix the yeast mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix together, knead together, put a little love into it. Let sit for about 10 minutes. (I didn't wait... :-) DO NOT flour the surface...just pam spray it. Then, pam spray your rolling pin. Roll out into a rectangle. Pour the melted butter on top and spread it out evenly. Then, put as much of the filling as you want inside. I used a little over half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Roll it up and cut rolls 1 inch thick. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Don't burn them....cinnamon rolls are always better underdone than overdone!

Spread with frosting and enjoy!

No comments: