........ DELICIOUS!!! (Maren agrees :-)
I loved these bread sticks that I make and I was struck with this incredible thought to use the same seasonings on chicken! It is gluten free because instead of bread crumbs, you use cornmeal. Oh, man, it was fantastic!!!! Tell me what you think if you make it. Which...by the way, you should make it. *Maren endorses this dish. Enjoy~
Here are the recipes, but they are not exact. It was more like, a little of this, a little of that...
Kickin' Chicken
7 chicken tenders (I used frozen, defrosted them in the microwave and they worked great)
2 TBS butter, melted
1/2 cup-3/4 cup cornmeal
Add these seasonings to the cornmeal until you like how it tastes):
garlic powder (maybe 2 tsp)
salt (maybe 1 tsp)
cayenne/red pepper (mmm...this is the kick! I think I put 1 to 1 1/2 tsp in)
Just to sprinkle on top:
parmesan cheese (from the shaker is fine)
dried parsley (optional. just to top it off...just for looks)
1. Dip the chicken in the melted butter
2. Roll in the cornmeal mixture
3. place on a greased cookie sheet
4. Sprinkle the tops of the chicken tenders with parmesan and parsley
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until done, at 350'F
Black Beans: (again, this was "a little of this, a little of that")
1 can black beans
Vegetable oil (maybe 1 TBS)
seasonings:
cayenne/red pepper (maybe 1/4 tsp)
garlic powder (1 1/2 tsp)
salt (1 tsp)
pepper (just a pinch)
dried cilantro (maybe 1 tsp)
minced/dried onions (maybe 1 TBS)
Cook on Med-Low heat in a saucepan until done.
1 comment:
Yes, yes I do and that is why I'm back on the blog getting the recipe. I'm making it for dinner tonight!
Post a Comment