Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Most Exhilarating Day!

All the offices were supposed to close at 2 today. I stayed behind for another hour or so with my boss and I could hear the shuffling of church shoes and the clicking of heals in the hallways. I wondered what all the commotion was for. I left work and I saw the most inspiring sight! I looked out the doors of the ASB and I saw a sea of blue caps and gowns and white tassles. I have never been to a BYU graduation. I love both of my sisters, but I wasn't able to go to either of their graduations. Anyways, I was inspiried as I looked out and saw all of those students--lives about to change forever. They are moving on with life--to bigger and better things hopefully. But, then, I was nervous for them. I hoped they would find the success they desired. Then, I was glad that I was still a student.

Well, those were just my quick thoughts when I looked out the window of the ASB, but they were quickly interrupted by a small crowd gathering right outside the door. There were several colorful gowns and sashes in this group. They were fixing their hair and straightening their gowns in preparation for the photographer to take his shot. I looked around at their faces and thought about how I might feel when I graduate, but then, I realized that I recognized two of those faces. Elder D. Todd Christofferson and President Cecil O Samuelson! Education is so important and I have mixed feelings right now. I am glad finals are over, and I am glad for the summer, but I am also excited for the Fall so I can start studying again.

I found Ashton's birthday present with help from my roommate. I've spent hours looking for it and I finally found it. I knew what I was looking for, but when I went back to buy it, they were out! Well, the good ole' trusty BYU bookstore had it!!!! I mailed it off today.

On my way home, I got a voice mail from an old family friend, Doug. He is like an uncle to us. He was a missionary in our ward in Texas and our family has been close ever since. Well, he lives here in Provo and his voicemail went as such: "Ashley, this is Doug. There is this boy that I want to give your number to. He would be very good to you and I think you would get along very well. So I am giving him your number, ok?" Oh, how it warmed my heart that someone was thinking of me. It was good to hear from Doug.

Then, when I got home, I went to drop off and pickup our mail in our mailbox. I opened the mailbox and I saw it! I closed the mailbox and locked it without taking out its contents. I ran as fast as I could up the stairs and back to my apartment. I was trying to hold back my laughter and joy, but it wasn't possible. Before I got to the front door, Megan popped out of our door in a hurry. She urgently asked, "Do you have the mail key?!" I screamed, "yes, but you should go get the mail!" Megan got her mission call today. She hasn't opened it yet. We are waiting for her parents to come into town this weekend and we will have a mission call opening party!

How much better can this day get?! We are going to see How To Train Your Dragon tonight in 3D. Summer has begun!

No comments: