Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Becky Brownies

My friend Becky's mother passed away this last week unexpectedly. I wanted to make her some brownies today, so I found the best recipe I have for homemade brownies. They are Betty Crocker knock-offs, but I put a secret twist in them--I can't tell you what the secret is or I'd have to beat you with a wire wisk! :-) Only the best for Becky. Enjoy~ I love you Becky!



Adding the egg mixture to the chocolate sauce.

Just cleaning the bowl....don't mind me.



Recipe:
-------------------
2/3 c. butter/margarine
5 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
-------------------
1 3/4 c. sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
-------------------
1 cup flour
(1 cup. chopped nuts, optional)...I didn't add these.
-------------------
1. Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler (I just put my stainless steel bowl on top of a pot of boiling water. Once it is melted, let it sit for about 5 minutes to cool.
2. In another bowl, mix the sugar, eggs and vanilla. (The recipe said to beat it for 5 minutes on high with an electric beater...but I just used my good ole' hands and a wisk).
3. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture.
4. Mix the flour in until just combined.
5. Grease a 9x9 pan and pour the batter in.
6. Lick the bowl. (Don't skip this step...I'm serious.)
7. Bake at 350'F for about 40 minutes or until the edges come away from the side.

Enjoy!

Original Recipe from:
http://www.best-ever-cookie-collection.com/betty-crocker-brownies.html

No comments: