Monday, May 17, 2010

Cherry Sage Pork Chops

Mmmm mmm good. This is the perfect mix of sweet and savory! I got this recipe from Amy and improvised a little. Such a yummy recipe!


I forgot how much pork shrinks when you bake it :-(

This is after I added the corn starch mixture.
Mix in the cherries and take it off the stove. Mmmm. My mouth is watering. (Side note: we had ice cream after dinner......and we had left over cherry sauce. Holy moly....rock my world!)
Dinner for dinner group was a success :-)

Pork Chops:
10 pork chops
1 TBS salt
1 TBS pepper
1 TBS dried rubbed sage

Mix the seasonings together and rub them onto the tops of the chops. I baked these at 325'F for 1 hour.

Cherry Sauce:
1- 15 oz. can tart Oregon cherries
(Drain & Reserve the liquid. If there isn't 3/4 cup. of cherry juice, add enough water to make it 3/4 cup of cherry juice)

In a pot, bring the following to a boil and simmer on low for 10 min. (uncovered)
1/2 c. cherry juice
12 whole cloves
1 stick cinnamon
(I didn't have these spices, so I just sprinkled ~1/4 tsp cinnamon into the mixture)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. white vinegar

Remove the spices (unless you just sprinkled in cinnamon like I did....then, you obviously can't remove that :-)

Mix: 1/4-1/2 c. corn starch with remaining 1/4 c. cherry juice that was set aside. Add this to the Pot. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, or until thick and bubbly. Remember: cooking fact #1...corn starch won't thicken your sauce unless it comes to a full boil. Let that baby boil!!!

Add to the pot:
Cherries
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. melted butter

Serve warm over the pork chops. SO GOOD! Enjoy! Tell me what you think if you make it!

No comments: