Monday, May 24, 2010

Fiesta Casserole

Um....I LOVE being resourceful. Good things happen ;-) I had beef, black beans, salsa, and corn. I knew something good could come of that! Well, I also love allrecipes[dot]com. I just put in the ingredients and found this recipe, but I put a few revisions into it...like usual ;-)







Cook in a skillet until hamburger is browned:
1 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, chopped/diced
Fajita seasoning (I think I used about 1 TBS)

Mix together. Then add the meat mixture to it:
2 tsp. chili powder
2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (16 oz) container of sour cream
2 cups fresh salsa (I love the deli stuff. Mmmm.)

Layer in a 13x9 pan:
Meat/bean mixture
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
1 cup cheese
Meat/bean mixture
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
1 cup cheese
Meat/bean mixture
1 cup cheese

Top With:
diced tomatoes
chopped green onions (about 3-4)

Bake at 375'F for 40 minutes or until it bubbles on the edges.
Serves about 12 people.


ENJOY! Tell me what you think if you make it!

No comments: