So, yesterday, I made the decision to start back up WW. (Actually, in church on Sunday...but that's a longer story...) It hit me when I was shopping at Target and trying on clothes that I have to be in a swimsuit in three weeks...
So, I committed to eat healthy and ....drumroll.....I texted my dinner group and bowed out. I am a social eater and for dinner group, I always make something fatty and good because its a social gathering. I can't do that anymore. I have to make food that is healthly. BUT....I got texts for two hours from the 5 girls in my group asking why I left and what they could do to keep me in. Oh, I felt so super loved! Tonight, one of the girls came over and told me what they had all discussed at dinner group tonight without me there. They asked each other what they could say to me to keep me in--they came up with this idea: "We are all going to pull recipes from the WW cookbook and bake them for dinner group." They all said, "YES" unanimously...or so I hear :-) So, nobody can be offended if we don't like what they bake because we are all trying new recipes and we all want to be healthy! So, maybe I'll start to document the recipes we try--starting Monday. Aren't they the most supportive friends the in whole universe! I am still in shock! Hence, the first non-food blog entry in a while!
I also committed to workout 20 minutes a day. I hate working out. I hate it I hate it I hate it. My ankle is a good excuse for not running, but I am going to start moving everyday (the only thing from WW that I never adopted until now). Well, I was going to go to the pool tonight, but they don't open for free swim until 8pm on Tuesdays. So, I sat down to read my scriptures and fell asleep---for three hours. I woke up at 10pm. I promised my co-worker Jen that I would report to her tomorrow and that I would owe her something if I didn't go to the pool, so when my friend came over to tell me about the new dinner group arrangements, I told her I missed the pool and she said she would workout with me. We did a 20 minute routine (at 10:30 tonight--if you know me, you know that's committment) from the Biggest Loser DVD---kicked my fanny! Holy cow. I DID IT! I ACTUALLY DID IT! I stuck to my points today and worked out for the first time in months!
Pat pat. (that's me patting myself on the back... :-)
3 comments:
Good JOB! I can understand the frustrations of working out... You just have yo keep it up, and let it become something consistent in your life. YOU CAN DO IT!
Good for you, sweetie. My friend Sandy and I just committed to working out and checking in with each other on eating habits. We can all do it!
i NEED another post from you....i miss you :-)
Post a Comment