Thursday, July 15, 2010

Its been a while...but, hopefully this makes up for it!

I wanted pancakes tonight for dinner. Delicious ones. Done. :-) Also, I've been cooking a lot lately, so enjoy the pictures :-)


Presley Pancakes...with a twist. Cinnamon Pancakes with Peanut Butter and Bananas on top....covered in homemade cinnamon syrup. Yes, yes, yes, I love you little pancake!Recipe: 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or 1 1/4 c. milk with 1 TBS lemon juice), 1 egg, slightly beaten, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon canola oil
Original Recipe from: http://asoutherngrace.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-want-you-i-need-you-i-love-you.html



Marshmallows on Sugar Cookies...Try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original Recipe...my invention. Just Pillsbury Sugar Cookie with a large marshmallow on top. Bake the cookie with the marshmallow on top for the 8 minutes. Delicious :-)


Baked Oatmeal...its delicious with fruit and whip cream on top. Mmmmmmm!
Recipe: 1 c. vegetable oil, 2 tsp. salt, 1 c. white sugar, 1 c. brown sugar, 4 eggs, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 5 cups oatmeal, 1 TBS + 1 tsp. baking powder, 2 c. milk. Mix, Bake in 13x9 pan at 350'F for 30-40 minutes.
Original Recipe from Katie K. Delicious Katie! Thanks!



Homemade Chili

When I put it in the can, it was so hot that it sealed itself! Ha!
Recipe: 2 cups water, 1 lb. lean ground beef (I use 80/20), 2 cups onion, chopped (about 3/4 medium onion)
6 oz. tomato paste, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. cumin (I only used 1/2 tsp because I don't care much for cumin), 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper. Simmer for about an hour.

I actually added a drained can of black beans to make it go further. Yum!
Original Recipe: http://www.asweetpeachef.com/beef/a-fathers-day-special-homemade-chili-cheese-dogs/

No comments: