Monday, July 5, 2010

Ode to James Christensen

I ran across a man on my mission who collected JC's art. I fell in LOVE with it and finally found the artist's name online-- (I had forgotten his name and finally found him). I think James Christensen is one of the best artists of our day. His paintings are full of symbolism and they are so intricate and detailed. They are gorgeous! Thought I would share :-) You should go to his website (the link to his website is below all of the pictures) and see what he has written about some of his paintings. The first one is my recent favorite (below it is what JC wrote).

Angel Unobserved
"The veil between us and heaven can be quite thin or, at times, a little thicker. This girl’s eyes are open to experience but...the things she is most aware of concern herself. There’s a veil between who she is now, and the woman she will become, much less a higher power. She’s not conscious of the angel that watches over her. The key to it, though, is that we all have someone keeping an eye on us."



Touching the Hem of God

Benediction


Sometimes the Spirit Touches Us
Through our Weaknesses

First Rose

Hold to the Rod, the Iron Rod

The Widow's Mite

Ten Lepers

http://www.ldsart.com/m-138-james-christensen.aspx

No comments: