Sunday, February 19, 2012

Our Family's Shephard's Pie

Why haven't I posted this recipe until now? I HAVE NO IDEA!!! It is my favorite meal that my mother made growing up. It is so savory and delicious! I'll share it with you :-)

Shepherd's Pie
Peel and Boil until cooked:
4 large baking potatoes

Mash and set aside:
4 peeled, diced, boiled, and drained potatoes
1 stick butter
onion powder
garlic powder
salt
cayenne pepper (I normally use Tabasco like my Dad taught me, but alas...no Tabasco in the house :-(
1/2 c. milk (start out with a little and then add more to make them as fluffy as you want them.)

Cook:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 TBS minced onions
seasoning salt
pepper
salt

Mix in 3 Liter dish (The pyrex pans that are 1/2 the size of a 13x9 :-)
1 lb browned beef mixture
1 15oz can french style green beans, drained
2 15oz cans cream of chicken soup

Top mixture with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese. Bake at 350'F or 400'F for 30 minutes. I baked it at 400'F because I have bread cooking at the same time for dinner :-) You just want to cook it until the edges are bubbling and top looks desirable! MmMMMMmmm! ENJOY!

No comments: