Thursday, January 3, 2013

Garlic Parmesan Knots

I got this idea from The Seaside Baker, but I used the Busby Breadstick recipe.  They are the new family favorite dinner rolls and they are...start to finish ~30-45 min!  P.S.  I know my pictures stink.  I'm looking into getting a ...well, a job first, then an iPod touch with a nicer camera!
Garlic Parmesan Knots
Yields ~40 knots (2 cookie sheets full)

Dissolve & let proof ~5min:
2 TBS yeast
4 TBS sugar
1 tsp salt
3 cups warm/hot water

Add:
6 cups flour (more or less until soft dough forms)

Roll out on PAM sprayed counter like you would roll out dough to make cinnamon rolls.  
Then, pour butter over rectangle of dough:
1/2 cup melted butter (1 cube)

With Pizza cutter, slice rectangle into triangles (~3-5 inch edges) and roll up like croissants.  Butter the tops:
another 1/2 cup melted butter (1 cube)

Then sprinkle tops with the following mixture (adjust to taste):
1 cup parmesean (from the shaker)
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
parsley flakes (for color :-)

Bake 20 minutes at 350'F or until golden brown on top.

No comments: