Sunday, July 21, 2013

Raspberry Chipotle Chicken

I know the picture sucks, ok.  The food was gone before I had a chance to get a good picture because it was so tasty.  I saw this recipe on Handle the Heat and knew this combo was worth trying, but I played around with the recipe to make it easier.  It was a sweet & spicy dish and worth trying!

Raspberry Chipotle Chicken

Fill a 13x9 pan with:
- a single layer of frozen chicken tenderloins (I used about 8-9 tenderloins)

In a bowl, mix the following, then pour mixture over the chicken in the 13x9 pan:
- 18 oz. jar raspberry preserves, (seedless)
- the zest and juice from 1-2 limes
- 7oz. can chipotles in adobo sauce (I used a whole can and MY nose was starting to run.  I like it spicy though.  My dad said he would have used 1/4 of the can.  DON'T USE THE SAUCE, just pull the chipotles out and dice them.)
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 TBS minced garlic

Sprinkle and Drizzle over the top of everything in the 13x9 pan:
fresh cracked pepper
salt
1 TBS olive oil

Cover with foil.  Cook at 350'F for 1 hour 10 minutes.  Serve over rice.

No comments: