Sunday, March 15, 2009
Reflecting on Christ
I had an incredible opportunity recently that really helped me reflect on the Atonement of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I was thinking about a woman from my mission as I read the account of Alma the Younger's "conversion" (Alma 36:12-20). What an amazing woman she was. She truly gave her all to Christ. One of the greatest things about teaching with the Spirit is that the teacher learns too. It was wonderful to teach her about the Atonement, but also to learn and grow alongside her. She, like Alma, was wracked with torment from her sins. Godly sorrow. She constantly beat herself up over sins she had knowingly committed. Her pain was the result of her lack of understanding of the Atonement. What a choice opportunity we had in the Baltimore Mission to have the Reflections of Christ exhibit right there at the DC Temple VC. (http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ/2008/03/reflections-sli.html). After she saw that exhibit, she realized that all along, she had been trying to punish herself in someway to make up for her sins. As she reflected on Christ's role, the Spirit taught her that Christ loved her so much that He wanted to take that punishment on himself so she could repent, be forgiven, and progress quickly. I thought about her and Alma. The Lord didn't drag Alma through years of sorrow for his abominable sins. In three days, he had changed his heart, felt Godly sorrow, repented, and been forgiven. No sin is "too big" for Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment