Friday, December 4, 2009

Now...some Food for Thought...

I've been studying the Declaration of Independence for my own enlightenment. What an incredibly inspired document. Christy, thanks for your email. I was excited to hear that you read it with me.

When I read it, I found the most inspiring part of all was their devotion to God.

"all Men are created equal, [and] they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of divine Providence..."

Many of you know that I've spent years studying the Rwandan Genocide. Throughout my study, I couldn't stop thinking about how fortunate am to live in a country with such freedoms. The freedom to worship, specifically. Although I don't express things very well in writing, I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for our founding fathers.

“All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.” Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

Hey, thanks for your Christmas card! You're the best. Miss you! Love your blog.
bluedoorwindow.blogspot.com