Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another homemade creation. Delicious!

I did it again. I am having a lot of good meals recently :-) Today, lasagna!!!! Homemade baby!

Delicious Lasagna
Boil and set aside:
8 lasagna noodles

Warm oil and add onions:
1 TBS olive oil
1/8 cup minced onions

Add and cook:
1 pound ground beef
garlic salt, to taste

Add and warm:
1 can Prego spaghetti sauce (I used roasted tomato and garlic)

In a bowl, mix:
2 1/2 cups Italian mix cheese, shredded (buy at grocery store)
8 oz ricotta, part skim, reduced fat cheese
(I added ~3 TBS mozzerella cheese and 2 TBS of cheddar that I had left in the fridge. The more cheese, the better, right?! :-) yum!)
cayene pepper, just a sprinkle...I like more than that though :-)
italian seasoning, for color and flavor
garlic salt, to taste

In the bottom of a Pyrex ~8x9 pan (the glass pan that is about half the size of the 9x13 pan), put a little sauce to keep the first layer of noodles from sticking, then layer as follows:
1) two noodles
2) cheese mixture
3) sauce mixture

Layer 4 times. The top layer should stop at cheese. Sprinkle some more garlic salt (I love garlic) for flavor and parsley for presence as well as some freshly grated parmesean cheese. YUM!!!!!

Bake at 400'F for about 30 minutes until bubbling on the edges and the cheese is browning on top. SOOOO YUMMMMMY!!!! ENJOY! Makes 6 servings.

1 comment:

Angie said...

sweet heavens that looks good... I love to cook too...but I have no motivation to cook for just myself! we'll have to do dinner together sometime, or at least do a recipe swap. :)