Thursday, May 17, 2012

Winner~ Thanks "Mrs. Harding Cooks"!

I modified this a little because my roommate had half and half milk, so she let me use it instead of the cream.  I'm sure the cream would have been delish, but this was still yummy! See the original recipe here on Mrs. Harding Cooks.

Lemon Cream Chicken Pasta

Cook according to package and set aside:
1 lb bow-tie pasta (I only used about 3/4 lb.)

In saucepan, heat:
1 TBS minced garlic
3 TBS olive oil

Add & cook until done:
1 lb. chicken, cubed & tossed in ~ 3TBS flour
lemon pepper, to taste
(You can add more olive oil too, if necessary)

Remove chicken and add to pan the following.  Mix until it thickens a little:
1 c. half & half
1/2 c. skim milk
3 tsp flour

Add:
2 TBS lemon juice (I think I would double this if I made it again)
salt & pepper

1/4 shredded parmesan cheese (I used the stuff out of the shaker)

Mix in:
Chicken
pasta (until evenly coated- I only used about 3/4 of the pasta)

Top with:
cherry tomatoes, diced



Enjoy with...
Busby Breadsticks
Dissolve:
1 TBS yeast
2 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups warm water

Add:
3 cups flour (more or less until soft dough forms)

Melt butter (1 cube at max) on the bottom of a 13x9 pan.  Roll out 16 breadsticks and place in pan.  Roll in butter, then add the next breadstick.

Sprinkle with Seasoning Salt. Bake for 11-15 minutes at 375'F or until golden brown on top.

No comments: