BUT....I LOVE McDonald's Sausage Biscuits. For some reason, they ALWAYS hit the spot. Well, I can't go buy one every morning, so, I figured I needed to learn how to make my own. These were great. I didn't have all the ingredients, but my substitutions worked great. I definitely found a keeper!
Ashley's Homemade Sausage Biscuits
BISCUITS
Mix the following, knead, form 2 biscuits, & cook for 8-9 min at 450'F:
1/3 c. Biscuik mix
1 TBS + 1 tsp. milk
PATTIES
In a medium bowl, drizzle over meat:
1 TBS maple syrup (I used 1 TBS Aunt Jemima with 1-2 drops maple extract/flavoring)
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb ground pork/turkey (I used 1.25 lbs beef an it worked great)
Mix seasonings in a separate bowl and then mix thoroughly with hands into meat mixture:
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1/2 tsp crushed fennel seeds (I didn't have this, so I used another 1/2 tsp ground thyme)
3 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I used cayenne pepper and it wasn't hot at all)
pinch ground cloves
pinch nutmeg
Form 14 patties, set aside 2 & freeze the rest with wax paper between each pattie:
(I formed 7 patties. Each pattie makes 2 small patties)
Cook 2 patties in skillet over med-high heat with:
1 TBS olive oil
(8 pts)
Original Recipe for Picture Perfect Meals' sausage patties can be found here.
.jpg)
1 comment:
I was looking at this post with Forrest on my lap, and when he saw the picture, he kept saying, "Cookie! Cookie!" I guess he thinks it looks pretty tasty, too :-)
Post a Comment